Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania Announces Winners of Environmental and Conservation Awards
(July 20, 2016, Fox Chapel, PA) – Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania announces its 2016 Environmental and Conservation Award Winners. The awards were presented at Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania’s Annual Members Banquet on July 14, 2016.
Betty Abbott Excellence In Teaching Award - Awarded to a classroom teacher whose commitment to environmental education inspires students to become responsible stewards of the environment.
- Peggy Perdue, Dorseyville Middle School Science Teacher, Fox Chapel Area School District
Trustee Award Winner - Presented to an organization in recognition of outstanding effort to further the cause of conservation in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Three Rivers Birding Club
W. E. Clyde Todd Award Winner - Presented to an individual in recognition of outstanding effort to further the cause of conservation in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Doug Gross, Pennsylvania Game Commission
Beulah Frey Scholarship Recipients - Presented to high school seniors applying to two or four-year colleges/universities for the 2016-2017 academic year to further their studies in environmentally related fields.
- Juliana Sandford, 2016 Shady Side Academy graduate, will attend University of Pennsylvania
- Jacob Seiler, 2016 North Hills High School graduate, will attend Pennsylvania State University, Main Campus
- Harrison Smith, 2016 Taylor Allderdice High School graduate, will attend Yale University
Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania, celebrating 100 years, is headquartered at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve in Fox Chapel. Audubon also owns and operates Succop Nature Park in Butler and Todd Nature Reserve in Sarver. Our mission is to connect the people of southwestern Pennsylvania to birds and nature. Please visit www.aswp.org to learn more about our programs for people of all ages.